Job Title: Senior Public Relations & Communications Manager
Salary: Dependent on Experience (+ Bonus)
Holidays: 25 working days per annum + bank holidays
Hours: 40 hours per week. (Flexitime)
Location: Remote working with weekly senior management team meetings in London or via Zoom.
Travel: Occasional international travel may be required.
Terms: 2 months probationary contract - Permanent contract awarded following successful review.
AIM-X Global is the worldwide exclusive distributor of Personal Protective Equipment under the AIM-X brand. It was created out of necessity in January 2020 in response to the current surge in global demand for PPE products arising from the Covid-19 pandemic. It was a direct response to the key problems the industry is facing today especially with supply chain, logistics, sub-standard products, rogue traders and price gouging in the marketplace. The company's core product is the Epidemic Protection Kits, with patents pending, which are manufactured and sent out on private high speed air cargo from the companies’ factories in China. From the sale of each Epidemic Protection Kit, the company donates USD $0.50 to the AIM-X Foundation for its global charitable and philanthropic work.
Aim-X Foundation is a new global non-profit foundation. The purpose of the foundation is to work towards the vision of the founders of a fairer, more sustainable world that can work together to fight the current pandemic as well as prevent future pandemics. The foundation will invest in, develop, support and nurture a contemporary academic framework of research through which it will contribute to the creation of a globally recognised pandemic readiness index. We will work together with all governments and relevant NGOs and charities to mitigate the current crisis and then move onto a pandemic prevention focussed agenda. In our first year we will carry out philanthropic activities and research work in the following areas:
- Crisis Support – Current pandemic, with global supplies of PPE equipment to frontline key workers.
- Prevention – Preventative projects and programmes focussed on the following 5 out of 17 UN SD Goals:
- Pandemic Readiness Index (PRI)
- Support research projects internationally that contribute to public health system analysis. Working towards the creation and assimilation of a world pandemic readiness index.
The role will report to the Director of Global Marketing and Communications, and Senior Management Team. The role will ideally be based in London with occasional international travel. Remote working will be the initial context, however it is anticipated that an office will be set up in London from which the senior management team operate.
- Supporting global strategy for external communication working closely with the Director of Global Marketing and Communications.
- Responsible for the creation and articulation of external positioning to build and protect Aim-X’s reputation.
- Responsible for developing and executing integrated communication campaigns, and identifying opportunities to be a part of the appropriate conversations and policy debates.
- Developing and updating key messaging for the organisation, Impact Areas and Regions.
- Raising the profile of the issues central to our work and highlighting the successes and impact of the organisations we are partnering with.
- Working closely with the Director of Global Marketing and Public Relations and the senior management team to identify, monitor, mitigate and manage any emerging issues that might impact our work and that of our partners.
- Collaborating closely with the Senior Communications Manager to run effective communications campaigns that enable our Impact Area and Regional teams to deliver on their funding and advocacy objectives.
- Refining and strengthening our approach to media relations and storytelling to ensure we are effectively leveraging announcements, partner stories and our own points of view.
- Working closely with the Senior Management Team as well as be the key spokesperson for the organisation.
- Effectively building and managing close working relationships with the Aim-X team, communication agencies, vendors and a wide range of other partners.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable track record of successful planning, running large-scale, integrated communications programmes with a focus on proactive and reactive brand and reputation management, including an expertise in strategy development, media relations, and issues and crisis management.
- Collaborative, diplomatic and enjoys operating under pressure. Comfortable with ambiguity and working autonomously.
- Ability to build trust as a senior advisor, while demonstrating good judgment and dynamic, persuasive communications skills.
- Mission-aligned and experience in purpose-driven social impact work.
- Ideally the candidate will have worked at a senior level in both agency and in-house roles and will have a passion for, and experience in, corporate social responsibility, social change, philanthropy, or issues/topics closely related or connected to the foundation’s impact areas.
- Experience of working in a highly decentralised, global organisation and multiple countries or regions would be advantageous.
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to their work.
- Ability to set and deliver on clear and challenging goals, as well as to manage and enhance our partnerships to deliver on objectives.
1. TO ESTABLISH & ACTION AN AGGRESSIVE PR & COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY FOR THE GROUP
- Aim-X Global LLP client currently manufactures and exports to several countries around the world utilising its group of owned and partnered factories in China.
- You will be required to organise and action a strategic PR and Communications approach to potential new buyers in various select markets around the world utilising partner content and creativity to stimulate interest in our products and establishing the brand as a household name worldwide.
- A selection of visual presentation material will need to be developed and this will be done under the creative leadership of the Director of Marketing and PR.
- Online media packs will be produced with the following elements
- Epidemic Protection Kits.
- Covid-19 Rapid Testing Kits.
- Other products to be announced.
- Online media packs will be produced with the following elements
2. TO ESTABLISH & DEVELOP THE BRAND OF AIM-X GLOBAL and AIM-X FOUNDATION - a foundation registered in Dubai with management team in UK.
- To support the business development function of AIM-X Global to generate new buyers in new markets.
- To develop the global brand identity to global stature.
3. TO CONTRIBUTE TO DEVELOPING and COORDINATING the global manufacturing processes so that it operates across a vertically integrated model incorporating the following elements:
- Full epidemic protection kit production and global distribution.
- Marketing and sales targeting governments, NGO’s and Tier 1 companies worldwide.
- Consumer Retail consultancy system that will facilitate a franchised retail service globally.
- Online Retail Platform development so we sell our consumer lines directly to consumers.
4. INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION MARKETING FUNCTION:
- To support senior management with a strategic approach to exhibiting the brands and networking at relevant trade shows and exhibitions around the world.
If you feel this role has your name on it then please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and CV directly to the recruiter at email@example.com
Help us now
Fighting the current pandemic as well as preventing future ones
Please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and CV directly to the recruiter at